Perfectly Pinned Up and Rims on the River have joined forces to bring you the first-ever Perfect Pinup Wilmington! Join us Saturday, May 20, 2017 from 11a-5p for a day of classic cars, hot rods, loads of vendors, music and pinup girls!
ABOUT THE CONTEST:
- Only 10 ladies will be selected to participate in Perfect Pinup Wilmington.
- This year’s Perfect Pinup Wilmington theme will be Tiki. Each contestant will wear family-friendly appropriate outfits to best fit this theme. (No bathing suits or lingerie will be permitted. All outfits must be pre-approved should you be selected to be a contestant).
- Our emcee will be the one and only Joe Pepitone!
- There will be a brief question and answer portion. Each contestant will be asked a simple question about pinup, vintage or car kulture.
- Each contestant will be judged on her outfit, hair & makeup, posing, and how she achieves the pinup style overall.
- Additional points will be added to the contestant’s final score based on her fundraising efforts.
A pinup’s job is not complete unless she is doing something to better her community. Just as the real pinups provided support for our servicemen in various ways, it’s my personal belief that this should still hold true today.
Operation Pretty Things, inc., is a local non-profit that is dedicated to loving and empowering women who have been victimized by domestic violence. As a contestant, you will help to raise funds for this wonderful organization, and here’s how:
A booth will be set up with 10 jars (one for each contestant) to collect tickets that will be sold at the booth. The tickets will be sold for $1 each, representing a vote for their favorite pinup, and a donation to Operation Pretty Things. The contestant who raises the most funds will receive extra points on her total score from the judges. No money raised will be shared with any contestant, myself, or anyone involved — it all will go 100% to Operation Pretty Things. Additionally, there is no limit on how many votes a person may purchase. Contestants may also purchase votes for themselves.
- The grand prize winner will receive a beautiful crown and sash, a gift card to Second Skin Vintage, and a photo shoot alongside the winning car of the day with Coastal Expressions Photography for publication in a leading pinup magazine!
- Gifts from Beauty & Pin-Ups!
- Each contestant will receive a gift just for participating!
For more information about Rims on the River, please visit their website: www.rimsontheriver.com/
We hope to see you there!